Leprino Foods is currently hiring skilled Maintenance Mechanics on 2nd & 3rd shifts. We offer a competitive compensation including; full medical benefits, 401K, profit sharing & paid vacation.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for installing, disassembling, repairing, and maintaining equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation systems, the calibration of instruments, and performing mechanical, preventive, and predictive maintenance. This position participates on the hazmat response team.
The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the safe operation of the associated equipment and/or processes, the quality of incoming raw materials, the quality of the outgoing products in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe work practices. This position is also responsible for participating in and implementing continuous improvement.
- Perform mechanical duties such as pumps, valves, conveyor work, sprockets, gearboxes, etc.
- Complete preventive maintenance work orders.
- Work with industrial electricity (motor controls) to troubleshoot and repair electrical components and machinery including all three phase 480, 240 and other plant systems.
- Calibrate all plant instrumentation in a wide variety of makes and types specifications (i.e., temperature, flow, pH, vacuum, pressure, Foxboro, Honeywell, Micromotion, Fischer, Anderson, etc.).
- Perform cleaning duties as required.
- Perform work in a safe manner by following safety procedures and policies, critical safety rules, and expected standard conduct.
- Follow company’s good manufacturing and safety policies and procedures. Maintain housekeeping in area (i.e., toolboxes).
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, team leads, and supervisors.
Education and Experience:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write effectively.
- Must be able to work Sunday - Saturday, off-shifts, weekends, holidays, and required overtime to support a 24 hour/7 day operation.
- Must be able to work 8.5 hours up to 12.5 hour scheduled shifts.
- Prior experience in a similar maintenance mechanic role with electrical background.
- Prior experience of utility systems, electrical controls, and schematic reading.
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar maintenance mechanic role.
- Associates or a 2 year degree in a maintenance related field.
- Mechanical repairs including rebuilding of gearboxes and process equipment.
- Experience with troubleshooting, installation, and repair of industrial controls (PLC 5, Control Logix, Devicenet, etc) experience.
- Experience with AC frequency drives and instrumentation.
- Prior Dairy/Food Manufacturing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of utility equipment and operations (boiler and refrigeration equipment).
- Knowledge of government and industrial regulations (PSM, OSHA, and USDA).
- Proficient computer skills in email, internet, Microsoft Office and computerized maintenance management systems (e.g. SAP) in order to enter and pull data.
- Ability perform basic and intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communication effectively with others.
- Ability to complete required documentation (i.e., written and electronic).
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and problem solve.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in wet/dry/cold/hot environments and tight spaces.
- Ability to climb steps and ladders to work at extreme heights.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Ability to comply with all safety practices.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area.
- Ability to repeatedly lift throughout the entire shift meeting minimal lift requirements.
- Ability to work overtime and holidays as required by business demands.
- Must have the ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran